• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fire strike score lower when increased cpu speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clvig

Hi to everyone, I am confused with my stem overclock, I have a i75960x msi godlike mother board 32 gigs of g skill 3000 ram 2 msi 980 ti gaming cards in sli when I fist started I over clocked my c p u in bios at 4.5 auto v core and adjusted video cards with afterburner to 100 g p u and 400 on mem and m v to 87 them fire strike was 25025 when I ran real bench my computer restarted due to being unstable , so did x m p and use bootstrap of 125.50 and over clocked c pu to 4.53 and mem is now 3030 speed, in creased the g p u to 115 ran real bench for 1 hour passed no problem, when I ran fire strike my score drop to 24650 , I been trying different things shut down all apps except for after burner, any help would be great thank you and sorry for long post also running win 10 pro clean install and latest Nivida drivers

firestrike is mostly dependant on video clocks rather than cpu clocks. check cpuz and make sure that your ram is reading all sticks, it should show you if you are single/dual/quad on your memory. if one stick doesnt like the oc and drops out it can affect your score

I checked it shows all mem good also I overclock the video card and my score dropped

My guess is the new strap raised your cache speed and you might need a bit of voltage either that or memory timings are different.

Back