• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody home?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys,
this is the strange part, I did leave 2x core for my 2x GPU setup and it didn't matter, even @ 25% it slows down my GPU's like crazy!?

yet on my (test) setup with a Ati card it hardly takes any cycles :sly:
I am in the process to setup Linux on my rigs (next to windows) and still need to test it out on my main rig.

I was just wondering if I was missing something obvious :thup:
I can see R@H acts rather the same as any other crunching program so got some work to do..

Have a good crunching year(for as long as the year lasts')..

Ray..

You may need more than one core/thread per GPU with the new core_21, version 17. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28413

For Nvidia GPUs, the gpu cores (core_17, core_18, core_21) will show a process using one core/thread at 100% for each gpu. The new core_21 v17 does some sanity checks using additional thread(s). The sanity checks are not continuous, so would think that one additional core/thread would be enough for pair of GPUs, but have not tested the impact.

For ATI gpus, the cores do not show a process at 100%, so may be possible to get by with one core (or less) per ATI gpu. (I do not have any ATI gpu.)

Also, some core_21 projects are very large and require more ram than typical. Hitting the swap file would have a big impact on performance.

You may need more than one core/thread per GPU with the new core_21, version 17. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28413

For Nvidia GPUs, the gpu cores (core_17, core_18, core_21) will show a process using one core/thread at 100% for each gpu. The new core_21 v17 does some sanity checks using additional thread(s). The sanity checks are not continuous, so would think that one additional core/thread would be enough for pair of GPUs, but have not tested the impact.

For ATI gpus, the cores do not show a process at 100%, so may be possible to get by with one core (or less) per ATI gpu. (I do not have any ATI gpu.)

Also, some core_21 projects are very large and require more ram than typical. Hitting the swap file would have a big impact on performance.
Thanks bud :)
going to read the provided link.

Its also my ever first owned Ati card,
I always had(have) NvidiA.. I thought the Ati card would be worse in regards to CPU time but I guess I was wrong.

but after a re-install(I messed it up) of Linux it doesn't want to fold anymore , I love Linux :D when I have some time..
I am pretty sure I will get it resolved(always had) and get my PPD up, Happy Folding guys :thup:

Welcome to the team! :)

Thank you sir :salute:
For now only the 9550 is on R@H and it might be sold, I am in the progress to add my i72600k and QC8400 and j1900 Celeron beast..

i7 is at default will be overclocked to 4500Mhz, experiencing problems(slow lockups) with the QC8400.
j1900 will be added later as there is a GPU in it for F@H as well..

I hope to do some work today and get it done before the year ends :D
have a good one guys..

Back