• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phloon1981

Registered
Hi guys.

I recently bought another 290X Matrix card and hooked it up, then started getting bsod after a few moments of playing games, i tried a clean install of WIN10 and that havent solved it, both cards are present in os and in bios, and are working perfectly individually.

What could be the issue, anyone having the same problems?

Could it be my psu being to small?, i have tried going to stock speeds on the cpu, to not drag the extra power. Not having any OC at all, that did'nt help either.

PSU is plenty.

What is the BSOD code? Have you tried different drivers? 15.7/15.7.1/15.8 I believe all have W10 compatibility. I know 15.7.1 works with a 295x2 (2 290x's on one PCB).

Corsair RM1000 Should be plenty I dont think you should have a power issue.
Try the cards in reverse order (flip them) and see if this stops,

Also what monitors - mhz - fps are you using , and what cable types?.

The codes are 4 or 5 different ones, the most common is "kernel" something (cant remember the exact name. When i did the clean install i also upgraded to the newest drivers after installing the card, i will have a go on flipping them, luckely i havent bought the waterblok yet so it should go easy. I will give a post when done.

Also dual link DVI on some cards when ran past 60hz can cause lockup/blackscreen/bluescreens at higher fps.

Corsair RM1000 Should be plenty I dont think you should have a power issue.
Try the cards in reverse order (flip them) and see if this stops,

Also what monitors - mhz - fps are you using , and what cable types?.

Did you try reversing or flipping them?

In my experience, and of AMD's Omega drivers sucked. (15.xx ones)
Hence I returned back to 14.9 and was happy.

However, you are using Win10 I see so 14.9 probably won't work....

In my experience, and of AMD's Omega drivers sucked. (15.xx ones)
Hence I returned back to 14.9 and was happy.

However, you are using Win10 I see so 14.9 probably won't work....
and yet, i have yet to have a single issue with the most recent AMD drivers, on my window 7 pc, windows 8.1 pc, or windows 10 pc.

and yet, i have yet to have a single issue with the most recent AMD drivers, on my window 7 pc, windows 8.1 pc, or windows 10 pc.

I haven't used the newer Omega's since I switched to Nvidia again so I guess AMD actually fixed their drivers? :thup:

Perhaps it was my setup? No one knows.. All I know is they didn't work for me :shrug:

I haven't used the newer Omega's since I switched to Nvidia again so I guess AMD actually fixed their drivers? :thup:

Perhaps it was my setup? No one knows.. All I know is they didn't work for me :shrug:

yeah, who knows, omega's always worked good for me.
mind you i dont fold or anything, but i game and stuff

yeah, who knows, omega's always worked good for me.
mind you i dont fold or anything, but i game and stuff

I was folding at the time yeah. The drivers freaked out over Skyrim though :-/

Anyways, too help a bit here, for my X-fire issues it was a combo of drivers and ULPS + overclocking. IIRC, my overclocks were "synced" to both GPU's as they were the same basically. 7850 and 270x... 270x just being a 7850 refresh.

Back