• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AntLion Modmic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag10

So on Friday I'm going to be purchasing one of these, as it sits there's technically 4 versions of this mic(2 muted/mute-less; 1 uni 1 omni). My question particularly pertains to the uni vs omni, and trying to really determine mostly if the omni would best suit my situation. Frankly the only use will be for teamspeak and gaming in general, I highly doubt that I will use for anything after that. The one drawback I can find on the uni-directional version is that "P" sounds seem to cause or can cause some problems with voice over, while the omni seems to pickup more environment sounds yet reduces the "P" sounds problem lol. It is not particularly noisy where I am however I do have jetflo fans and intend to possibly utilize industrial PPC fans in the future.

What's the take on these? I have heard great views and reviews on these for many years and finally am going to take the plunge.
Edit: Almost forgot, ill be upgrading from my steelseries V2 headset to something much better in the process, if that helps.(before the mic broke and the rest of the headset started breakign down from typical usage.

I have been using them since the 2.0 and love them, of course they used to be $30~ too.

Currently use the uni-directional 4.0 and it's absolutely fine for me with no "p" "t" "b" issues that can be alleviated by properly positioning the mic to the SIDE of your mouth instead of directly in front of your mouth, where it should be anyway.

Feel free to hop on Discord, I'm on it most of the time, so you can hear someone using it first-hand.
https://discord.gg/0UhkNN4gIWLRXiPB

Just click the link above, make any username you want, and it's a voip like teamspeak, but you can run it inside your browser tab :)

I'm using the 4.0 omni with mute switch. I haven't really had any problems with background noise, but I don't have especially loud fans in my daily PC either. I typically use the "continuous" mic option in Mumble, but if I think it may pick up background noise, I'll use noise gating make sure none gets through.

Thanks for the info guys, helped make a decision on uni vs omni, pulled the trigger on the uni as it will probly suit my needs best. And thanks sobe for the short demo, helped give my a better idea!

The price looks a bit high for a microphone. How does it compare sound quality wise to similarly priced microphones sold in music shops?

It's a decent quality mic, the biggest thing for price IMO is the convenience of sticking it to the side of your headphones and being able to position it any way you want.

Back