• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program in windows startup, what is that program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

I looked in google cant find something that says what it is as far as software, I'm wondering if "program" in startup is malware. OS is windows 10.

Last edited:
I looked in google cant find something that says what it is as far as software, I'm wondering if "program" in startup is malware. OS is windows 10.
I'm trying to read your mind to see the entry, but it isn't working right now. Must be because you are offline. :(

Here is the screen shot. How do you make it so you can expand the screen shot like the old menu? program.jpg

Last edited:
Click on "Program", and then right click on it and select 'Properties'. My guess is almost certainly malware of some kind, but you won't know unless you find the path and see where it resides. Unless it's a program that started up with Windows that got uninstalled incompletely, leaving that entry. You can try looking in the startup folder (open File Explorer and type "startup" in the search bar) to see if it's there, but the startup folder doesn't get used very often anymore anyway, from what I've seen, so you probably won't find anything worth noting there.

Without knowing where Windows is looking for it, you won't know what it is and how to fix it.

Click on "Program", and then right click on it and select 'Properties'. My guess is almost certainly malware of some kind, but you won't know unless you find the path and see where it resides. Unless it's a program that started up with Windows that got uninstalled incompletely, leaving that entry. You can try looking in the startup folder (open File Explorer and type "startup" in the search bar) to see if it's there, but the startup folder doesn't get used very often anymore anyway, from what I've seen, so you probably won't find anything worth noting there.

Without knowing where Windows is looking for it, you won't know what it is and how to fix it.

I did right click on "Program" in task manger start up and the properties is not highlighted, so it wont do that function.

That's suspicious.

Please, elaborate. How is checking the path of a program suspicious?

Wingman, do you see anything odd in your AppData or Program Files?
Anything showing in Programs and Features?

Wingman, do you see anything odd in your AppData or Program Files?
Anything showing in Programs and Features?

The computer I'm working on does not have any application installed with "Program" as the name.

The programs installed on this computer is hallmark card studio,adobe.

Back