• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winter is Coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
having just found that stanford is crawling into bed with obama, the popester and gore, I'm rethinking where I'll spend my computer dollars.

I am sploring my other options subs.
sli 970's doesn't really help much in the games I like and it does need something to do other than collect dust or just add to the heat in the case.
it looks like once you go over 1440 you need to go right to the 980TI.

I fired up 1 of my 4p's (that's for you Orion456 :) ) if it don't get too hot in the house, I'll fire the other 1 up in a few weeks :)

winter may be coming for y'all

but not so for me yet......high 80s to low 90f range all week, and the near future..

and I just had to set me A/C higher, cos my room hit....about 90 degrees....system decided to shut itself off.

People need to design floorplans like PC cases, airflow in mind, lower cooling/heating costs

Last edited:
winter may be coming for y'all

but not so for me yet......high 80s to low 90f range all week, and the near future..

and I just had to set me A/C higher, cos my room hit....about 90 degrees....system decided to shut itself off.

People need to design floorplans like PC cases, airflow in mind, lower cooling/heating costs

Ok, you design a house and I'll buy it :rofl:

well, if you built a house around the HAF XB design, basically a dual level cube, no weird shaped rooms, without weird vaulted ceilings that capture and hold heat and hinder airflow......
Thats what I am basically getting at.

well, if you built a house around the HAF XB design, basically a dual level cube, no weird shaped rooms, without weird vaulted ceilings that capture and hold heat and hinder airflow......
Thats what I am basically getting at.

Or a HAF 932 :thup:

I accidentally bought the wrong waterblock for my 970, and the RMA didn't go through. With temps cooling down in Texas, i'm seriously considering buying a 970 to fit my unused waterblock, and converting my computer into a folding heater...

I can tell you that all summer, with my farm going, my cool oasis was for naught. My bank of 7970's kept my otherwise cool space very warm. I'm looking forward to the coolness of fall here in Michigan. I hope to fire up a few more 7970's soon.

I can tell you that all summer, with my farm going, my cool oasis was for naught. My bank of 7970's kept my otherwise cool space very warm. I'm looking forward to the coolness of fall here in Michigan. I hope to fire up a few more 7970's soon.

When i got my new rig up and running, the outside temp was hovering between 95 and 105 f. Needless to say, I'm very excited for the fall/winter cooldown.

hehe, sounds like nice fun overclocking weather in the south. August was great >.< , avg temp of 97.90f, a solid 8 days of 100+ with 80%+ humidity.
I wish I had a basement.....but of course, 2 feet below house is solid bedrock lolz.

just now starting to cool off, forecasting a wet fall.....

well I decided to to transfer all my cards to a new dedicated rig, now they can really go 24/7. I was always stopping my folding to game and then forgetting to start it back up again.

The only problem now is I have to buy a new video card for my main rig

9f231103-572e-41ef-87c5-8b65c3686709_zpsu5hvxkwk.jpg

I ran into multiple problems having my cards stacked up like that. The cards could not keep cool. Ultimately, I ended up with the sides off my cases and a riser cable for my middle slot. I then would hang the middle card outside of the case.

well I decided to to transfer all my cards to a new dedicated rig, now they can really go 24/7. I was always stopping my folding to game and then forgetting to start it back up again.

The only problem now is I have to buy a new video card for my main rig

I ran into multiple problems having my cards stacked up like that. The cards could not keep cool. Ultimately, I ended up with the sides off my cases and a riser cable for my middle slot. I then would hang the middle card outside of the case.

define not cool, my hottest card was around 74c last I checked.
Would the cards throttle or just give in bad work units?

edit: do these cards even throttle?

Last edited:
Back