• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LN2 CPU Chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMO, they are splitting hairs.
I know you're not a bencher, but I've seen enough. The product works just fine.
Congratulations.
Provide a link to your site and pricing. :)

So I was watching your videos and looking at your pictures and the controller on this unit reminds me of the Honeywell controllers I use at work to control furnace burners. I am able to set the gain and interval of the response on these to better control temperature variations. Is this type of control available on this unit as it would allow the unit to be better tuned to different chips as the heat load varies by chip and benchmark.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to see someone drive it who knows what he/she is doing from the other side of the bench so to speak. Just do a google search. I'm only on this site as a member. I know hair splitting may be happening, but I'd sure like to put all the hairs in place... like the fonzarelli. I'm gonna set up this evening and run the last three benches.

So I was watching your videos and looking at your pictures and the controller on this unit reminds me of the Honeywell controllers I use at work to control furnace burners. I am able to set the gain and interval of the response on these to better control temperature variations. Is this type of control available on this unit as it would allow the unit to be better tuned to different chips as the heat load varies by chip and benchmark.

I'm not familiar with honeywell controllers, but I can setup and save up to 40 ramp and soak profiles through our controller's software either from the computer through serial-usb or on the controller itself (computer is easier).

I'm not familiar with honeywell controllers, but I can setup and save up to 40 ramp and soak profiles through our controller's software either from the computer through serial-usb or on the controller itself (computer is easier).

Seems like we are talking the same thing just with slightly different terminology. Will the end user have access to the controller software to allow individual tuning.

Seems like we are talking the same thing just with slightly different terminology. Will the end user have access to the controller software to allow individual tuning.

Absolutely! It comes with software and manuals and you can do whatever you want with it!

Oh.... Sorry I missed your reply.
Don't stress too much over not being familiar with benchmarking and scores for now... That will all come in due time. I only asked about the number of threads because you mentioned you were not very familiar with benchmarking and forgetting to set the number of threads on WPrime was a typical rookie mistake I and most of "benchers" have made before. I'm not familiar with the newer version of WPrime as we only use the HWBot version for competitive stuff.

Oh.... Sorry I missed your reply.
Don't stress too much over not being familiar with benchmarking and scores for now... That will all come in due time. I only asked about the number of threads because you mentioned you were not very familiar with benchmarking and forgetting to set the number of threads on WPrime was a typical rookie mistake I and most of "benchers" have made before. I'm not familiar with the newer version of WPrime as we only use the HWBot version for competitive stuff.
Got it. The 2.10 version also says HWBot on it also and opens saying its acquiring hardware info from CPUz. Maybe worth having a look. I didn't get to the bench last night and I'm probably going to chill on it for a while. I've shown the OCC working on FX8350 in several videos and with the high watts of the FX8350 that the OCC holds temps down very well.

Ooooohhh!!! I want one!!!

Can it be run also without the case or anything? Just open air?

Sorry if it's been covered here or elsewhere...just catching up now

I'm sure it can be used without the case. Though with the Gaseous Nitrogen purge with in the case, you don't get condensation, which is one of it's best assets.

Hello LnL have you tried it out on a 8 or 6 Core Intel? I'm interested in this setup but rather costly ! I would like to see some Intel 6 and 8 core chips on it Thanks T&B

Hello LnL have you tried it out on a 8 or 6 Core Intel? I'm interested in this setup but rather costly ! I would like to see some Intel 6 and 8 core chips on it Thanks T&B
Id imagine it would be about the same performance as you would see on the FX Octo's considering they are the same or less wattage... but I am interested in hearing THE answer.

Absolutely it can be run without the case! Dude, get one... Someone needs to pull the trigger!

I'm sure it can be used without the case. Though with the Gaseous Nitrogen purge with in the case, you don't get condensation, which is one of it's best assets.

Also the purge case and purge kit chills the entire board and ssd. You could turn coolaid into Popsicles if you wanted... Have a little treat after a long day benching,:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Id imagine it would be about the same performance as you would see on the FX Octo's considering they are the same or less wattage... but I am interested in hearing THE answer.

Bring your Intel goodies and I'll freeze them for free. Sonora Cali. I don't presently have a 5960 but I have some offers of folks who can come out around January. I'll be getting back with them soon. I bought the FX8350 specifically to show the high wattage chip frizen and kept chunk cold. Regardless though I think it'd be cheaper and less head scratching for a pro to just buy one and make history!

LOL, It's probably not a good idea to lick a -30c popsicle. I've seen Christmas Story.

And the SSD? Those don't like cold... For example: http://ocz.com/consumer/vector-180-ssd/specifications

0C for this one... that could be a problem.

Ohoh. But ours was only chilled about -30 C at the most and it has done fine for more or less 80 hours so far.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, It's probably not a good idea to lick a -30c popsicle. I've seen Christmas Story.

Yeah probably not recommended by the fda.

Well, that is clearly outside of their established thresholds. I am not sure if there is a point where it quits working (like cold bugs and cold boot bugs for CPUs/GPUs) or if it shortens lifespan or even has a negative affect on performance. Not everything should get cold.

Cooling an SSD or a HDD for that matter, should not be considered because of their operating specifications. The only things that benefit from being subambient are the CPU and ram for all intents and purposes.

Well, that is clearly outside of their established thresholds. I am not sure if there is a point where it quits working (like cold bugs and cold boot bugs for CPUs/GPUs) or if it shortens lifespan or even has a negative affect on performance. Not everything should get cold.

Cooling an SSD or a HDD for that matter, should not be considered because of their operating specifications. The only things that benefit from being subambient are the CPU and ram for all intents and purposes.

Got it... The drive is coming out if the case!

Back