• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plasma TV issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I was gifted a 46" plasma TV that had a problem where it would occasionally not turn on. Sometimes it would take 10-15 tries before it would turn on.

Reading up on it, it looked like it was a firmware issue where one of the boards was being given too much power. So I updated the firmware and it in the little I've tried it, I haven't had that problem.

But in my checking it out to see if there were any blow capacitors, I think I may have caused a problem. The are pixel color shifts going on semi-randomly, based somewhat on color. Play a movie and it doesn't show up that much, but web pages make it more visible.

20150919_180859.jpg

My guess is that one of the data cables has a trace or two that isn't making good contact. I'm planning on taking the back off again and cleaning all the contacts and then re-seating them.

Does this sound like the proper course of action, or should I be looking somewhere else?

I had a display that showed a green tint for half if the screen. I went inside and repeated the cables, blew it out with compressed air and cleaned everything with isopropyl. Works great now though. I wonder why there would be a bigger difference when viewing g webpages? View at a higher pixel density maybe?

That's just to says it sounds like a good solution to me, but some of my electronics never make it off the surgery table :)

Back