• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to build phase change - Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FilipSebik

So about my peltier thread ive found out that this would eat my wallet and i want to know how to build phase change and from what
I think from old room condensation unit?
No i will not google that or you wont google that for me.
Thanks

The same thing that prohibited you building a TEC/Pelt will do the same here ($). Its not like you can just rip an AC unit out of the wall and go.

yeah.........
Phase change = more money than Peltier/TEC units from what a general internet search.
If you saw the latest issue of CPU mag, there was a SERIOUS phase change, liquid immersion system the VaporPhaze 360. That would be the extreme end. I remember that Vapochill had at one point phasechange systems for sale, but that was 3 years ago. There are a few on the market that I can find that go for upwards of $1200USD.
http://www.computerpoweruser.com/article/18267/vaporphaze-360 *dream rig lol*

Here is an article, from 2006, from here on Overclockers.com
*note: highly technical, use of milling machines, looks really expensive*
http://www.overclockers.com/build-your-own-phase-change-pc-cooling-system/

Hope this helps lol

Wow this forum is killing my dreams lol.
I will buy an water cooling which is:
NZXT Kraken x61,
Fractal Design Kelvin S36
or Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 240 LT / ST set - plus new tubing because they tend to break and i think more Alphacool CKC Clear 1000ml

It's really expensive especially when you don't have tools and experience. I'm phase change builder, I've built like 7-8 single stages and one autocascade. If you want to build only one unit, then it's better to buy one. It you want to build one, and then another (better) one and you have too much spare money, then you may think about getting some tools to build thing like that.

Back