• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filled Pump Without the O ring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beakersoft

Hi,

I've dropped a bit of a clanger after i was about to test my new loop. I swapped the standard pump top with a different one, and when i have come to start to fill the loop it seemed to be leaking out of the bottom of the pump. When i've taken the pump out i've realized that i did not replace the o ring in the pump. Obviously that's a massive fail, but will this have done some permanent damage the pump? I done really want to fit it back in the case again only to find its never going to work?

Cheers
Luke

Only way to know if it's damaged or not is to test it.
Never test a pump dry, btw, you'll burn it out.

If the circuit board and motor in the pump are dry, it'll be fine.
Even if they got wet, but didn't have power going through them, it will be fine if you let it dry out.

Do what ATM recommended and make sure to let the pump sit out for a day or two to make sure if the PCB of the pump did get wet that it drys out. You should be ok unless the pump was submerged in water.

I let it dry for about a day, put it back together (with the o ring this time!) and tested it last night and it seems to be work ok now, crisis averted, thanks for your replies!

Back