• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantasm

I'm building a home server to run CSR1000v, XRv, and ASAv for my CCIE lab (and a few home use VM's). I've spec'd out the following and want to know if the PSU is too large or too small. I'll be expanding the machine to dual Xeon's and 8 HD's overall. Let me know if you have any input:

1x SUPERMICRO MBD-X10DRL-I ATX
2x Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 Haswell-EP 3.5GHz
1x Kingston 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC
8x Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD20EFRX
1x EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750 W
1x Fractal Design Define R5

750w seems a bit high to me. There are online PSU calculators The one im looking at now gave me a minimum recommended of 487w for your setup.

Might wanna wait for answers from others to be sure though.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I too am going to doing VMs but on my gaming rig *only system I have lol*, working on an Implementing Network Directory Services course, jumping in with NO Server 2012 experience.....so much fun

R5 is a great case, but for something of that nature, perhaps a larger case will suit your needs better? The 750D is large and has all the bays you could want. Great airflow and fan options as well. Just food for thought.

750w evga is fine and dandy for that.

Back