• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT - Is this pump brand new?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollie

Registered
Hello, I got this "new" XSPC D5 Vario pump from a store in spain called Coolmod. It has some markings on it and I don´t know if it is brand new. Are theese marks made when they quality test it? It was shipped along with other stuff wrapped in cardboard rather than original packageing. Take a look at the picture and if enough people are 100% sure I´ll take it up with their complaints department.

DSC_0289.jpg

Sorry for image quality, but It is the only picure that I have on my phone and I don´t have the pump with me right now.

From this image I can see some markings that look like they are from the forming process. That is a hard plastic part and not sure what it would be contacting "during use" to leave any marks in that area.

wapu-100_wapu_100_2g_800x800.jpg

I will upload a better picture as soon as I can. What about the packaging? It just came wrapped in cardboard, which is sketchy. I don´t think that that is how XSPC ships the pumps to resellers.

The marks all look like molding marks. what else is worn or marked up?

Does the middle part pop out?

I would take a look at the bearing and see if that looks worn.

Last edited:
Who knows... its probably new, and probably still runs fine through its warranty. I wouldn't worry about it honestly... again, you already took it apart and that voids the warranty, no?

Is the thing still under warranty anyway since you took it apart??

I did not take it appart, I just bought the pump and it came wrapped in cardboard, not a box from XSPC or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows... its probably new, and probably still runs fine through its warranty. I wouldn't worry about it honestly... again, you already took it apart and that voids the warranty, no?

I never took it appart. I just bought that. It probably runs fine. I just worried about getting ripped off for buying something used at full price since it did not come in XSPC packaging and it has those marks. It also does not have that yellow spot of paint which I´m assuming its some kind of marker that it is used. ?¿

Take a few better focused pictures of the pump before we assume anything.

Can you post links to all the pieces you bought?

Sounds like you're just going to have a motor and a top with no housing or impeller...

Pollie, I wouldn't worry about honestly. If they say its new, it has a 'new' warranty. If it breaks, return it. But from what I have seen, it doesn't appear used. I know, its the principle of it all, but, how are you going to really prove it, and to what end?

Can you post links to all the pieces you bought?

Sounds like you're just going to have a motor and a top with no housing or impeller...

LMAO. Am I that much of a noob? I´ve only had AIOs :D

I bought:

-EK Pump top,
-EK dressing kit
-And this XSPC Vario D5
-...and some EK mounting junk unisomthing stuff...

Back