• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Reboots while gaming WTF is the problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok Modders

New Challenge 454 into a Geo!

Let's make it happen!

A small fan is going to work best, FYI.
Fans move most of their air at the edges, not in the middle, so having a huge fan doesn't put the airflow in the right places.

Ok I ran Prime for a full 12 hours without a single issue yet Arma is still smashing my system.

Not to mention the fact that I just last night installed 2 new sticks of 2x8 Ripjawz X 2133 so the ram is out of the question.

I have noticed that after these reboots I am losing system information such a Steam logins and Arma loadouts.

Could a faulty failing SSD cause the symptoms I am describing?

Re-boots without BSOD is either heat or power related. Concentrate on these items first.

EDIT- betting that mobo is getting ready to bite the dust. ;)

Re-boots without BSOD is either heat or power related. Concentrate on these items first.

EDIT- betting that mobo is getting ready to bite the dust. ;)

Same symptoms as my fatality board. Bet it's going to the wayside.

I just discovered something troubling as I have overlooked it and thought the sound was coming from my GPU

My HX1050 is coil whining badly even under a simple load such as Firefox with no other programs running.

Can I assume it's on the way out and that it is going to take everything else with it?

I'll be sitting just fine in Arma 3 when bam entire system decides to reboot without reason.

I ran Prime95 to see if CPU temps were the issue but temps never even reached 40c which I find unusual.

I'm clueless as where to start my troubleshooting as this is a brand new problem I've never experienced before but it only seems to occur under a gaming load.

Please help this is annoying me.

It's probably a CPU error, caused by there being not enough Vcore.

That's a classic not-enough-Vcore symptom.

Thats a.........drop.
Before I tweaked the Digi+ Power settings in my bios so that vCore was stable no matter the chips load level, It would fluctuate, but not that widely.

just did a bench, and got : min 1.452 / max 1.464 / current 1.452

Thats a.........drop.
Before I tweaked the Digi+ Power settings in my bios so that vCore was stable no matter the chips load level, It would fluctuate, but not that widely.

just did a bench, and got : min 1.452 / max 1.464 / current 1.452
So how do I need to tweak my VCore to a level that it won't drop like that ?

If you have LLC on that board, turn it up. If you don't, you have to bump the vcore higher so that when it dips it doesn't go below what you need to be stable.
FWIW, That's a hell of a drop. I'd be checking hardware for sure. PSU and mobo.

Ok guys I made a video of what's happening watch just how quickly things go wrong.

Reboot is at 0:35

Note the loud *** whine.

Please excuse the heavy breathing I have asthma

As Scott said, either PSU or mobo is what you're seeing there.
Are the VRM's still cooking?

I find it weird that it only crashes during arma ,, I know I've seen stuff out there on game crash fixes for that game, unusually settings related from what I remember.
Just my 2 cents but I'd think if it was hardware related he'd be able to replicate the crash no?

I find it weird that it only crashes during arma ,, I know I've seen stuff out there on game crash fixes for that game, unusually settings related from what I remember.
Just my 2 cents but I'd think if it was hardware related he'd be able to replicate the crash no?
I'm sure.
Don't know how extensive his testing was.
I do know that your vcore should not be dropping almost half a volt on load though. That tells me there's a problem on the board because his DMM isn't dropping at all on the PSU.

Back