• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W10 Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

Unable to upgrade to W10 from W7Pro. After upgrade loads I get an error code C1900101-20017 ? Also , one time I did get by this error and after reboot W10 began to load BUT then I get the ' Out of Range ' blank screen ?

I wonder if this is a VGA or GPU conflict? To assist:

GPU Radeon X1650 @ 1920x1080 , Board is G31M-ES2L, and running SSD 128GB with 4G of DDR3.

Is this enough for the upgrade and what can I try to fix the issue?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

I also do not have UEFI BIOS on my main Windows 10 rig.

You should try using boot media to install on the same partition as Windows 7 if this happens when you to install from within Windows 7.

Hi ,

Im such a caveman....but....I can listen to good advice. Its time for put together a new machine.

Do you care to offer a basic set of parts for my new machine....I only need to surf, watch Utube , some movies and send email , no power machine required.

So

1 What spec SSD for OS and my data, I dont think I need an IDE drive.
2. What board
3. What RAM how much
4. What processor
5 What GPU
6. ASUS Monitor 22" great rez......Average spend in total.....I might find a tower with equal power cheaper or same price and save me time and effort?
That said my machine has stood by me and to date has not faulted .

All good advice welcome,

Berne

I would honestly go Dell or HP, etc. for these uses, and simply upgrade the drive to an SSD. You could use the same drive that's in your current rig, if you don't plan on re-purposing it. This seems like a pretty good deal.

Back