• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg estimated arrival annoyance....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

First off, this isn't a major annoyance, and Newegg isn't doing anything wrong here.

However since this has happened to me twice now, I thought I'd mention it.

Wednesday I was ordering a fairly large order. (At least for me, almost $600)

I've got Newegg Premier, so 3 day shipping is normal at no extra cost.

In the order verification phase, with 3-day selected it gave me an estimated arrival time of this Friday for all item. I normally get stuff from the NJ warehouse 1 day after ordering. So I figured it was coming from there, and they would ship it Thursday (it was Wed. eve), and it would get here Friday.

Well they did ship it Thursday, but it was from an Indiana location. So it won't be here until Monday.

Sunday is likely my only day off for 2 weeks. I was hoping to spend that day with my rebuild. Now I've got to try and squeeze it in in just a few hours between work and sleep when I'm working 65-70 hours a week.

I'd have paid the extra for overnight shipping if I'd known that it wasn't really going to arrive until Monday with the 3 day option.

And as mentioned, this is the 2nd time I've been bitten by this. Usually though the estimated time is correct.

Anyway, just really annoyed today. Thanks for reading. :bang head

So this happens with Newegg too?
I have Amazon Prime Student, and there is a fulfillment center in Schertz TX, about 20 miles away from me.
So I place an order, using the free 2-day shtick. >.> They ship from....Pennsylvania.

I am totally with you on the headbanging lol.

Back