• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Streaming Netflix to a TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I was gifted a plasma TV recently. My wife and I haven't had a TV in about a decade. We normally watch Netflix on the computer.

We're going to mount the TV too far away from the computer to easily run an HDMI cable.

So, given that my wife is somewhat of a technophobe (yeah it is weird, but we deal), what is the best way to get the signal there for Netflix? Chromecast wouldn't be a big deal for me, as I've got a smartphone, but it probably won't work for my wife.

Would a Roku 3 with remote be the best choice? Or something else?

(I have no personal experience with Chromecast/Roke/AmazonFire)

Chromecast if you have smartphone/tablet/laptop access from the couch or don't mind getting up and going to the desktop to cast. Also, Chromecast is the cheapest solution.

Gaming Console or Roku otherwise. I use a PS3 with a media remote and use its Netflix app, and I can watch Blu-Rays as well. If I didn't rent movies, I would probably have sold my PS3 for a Roku since it supports Sling TV to get some cheap live TV ($20/month for 23 channels for their basic service link).

Chromecast, FireTV (or Stick), Xbox 360 or One

Those would be my recommendations.

Since sending it with a phone/tablet sounds like an issue for your wife, I would recommend FireTV.

Back