• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G4 Incoming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well there's your problem :D Since mine's my work phone I can't do anything screwy with it like OCing.
It's always been hot ever since I bought it. That's why when I rooted it, I reduced the max CPU clocks ;)

Great phone otherwise. Quite powerful and I LOVE the dual window feature. It's so useful! :thup:

My wifes G4 got the bootloop problem about 2 months ago. It was 3 months out of warranty but I sent it to LG anyway, they swapped the motherboard at no charge even being out of warranty. Supposedly they fixed the issue with the bad connection on the CPUs on the replacement motherboards but only time will tell. If you have one out of warranty send it in anyway.

Long shot, but any idea if the warranty repair might apply to use phones? I pretty much just do swappa these days.

Bootloops can be fixed if it's not a hardware issue. Never had an issue with my G4 until recently. It crashed & then wouldn't boot past the logo screen...it would go black...I couldn't even get to my custom recovery boot or download mode. Luckily, T-Mobile said it was still under warranty & I did a warranty replacement. For bootloops & issues where you can actually get to recovery or download mode, you can actually fix most of them by loading ADB & LG drivers on your computer, then booting your phone into download mode & using the ADB system to load new stock files. I use XDA Forums for all my info when it comes to android phones. My phone has been rooted & flashed to a custom ROM (phone OS)...I usually stick with de-bloated stock ROMs.

Back