• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED which sata port to which drive?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
asrock extreme 9 board, 2 ssd's, however many hdd's, and one odd.
I think,
os, ssd to sata3_1
game install ssd to sata3_2
storage dives, any other sata port.
odd to sata3_A1.
what would be the correct ports?
and yea, as usual for me, I am at the point of installing them right now.

installed as I had thought, you have to dig in the manual a bit and then check in the bios under advanced/ storage configuration to get it right.

Last edited:
Probably doesn't matter too much, but I would hook up my os drive and the odd to the ports that are from the Intel chipset. Sometimes the secondary sata ports from the secondary chipset don't support anything but hard drives. Not sure if that is the case worth your board.

Yeah. I currently have my SSDs hooked up to the AMD driven sata ports on my Sabertooth, went around looking for info via an Asmedia vs AMD ahci search, and basically got the message from a lot of boards, to stick with the AMD ports.

So, when I do my next install of parts/cleanout, will be switching from the two gray sata's *Asmedia* to the browns *amd*

One of these days I am so going the PCIe SSD route. Right after I win at scratch off tickets *hey, everytime I play I end up winning my dollar back, that has to mean something ROFL*

One of these days I am so going the PCIe SSD route. Right after I win at scratch off tickets *hey, everytime I play I end up winning my dollar back, that has to mean something ROFL*

means they feel bad about taking your money and are giving it back :)

Back