• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is A10-7850K default Vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is quite possible they are not optimised for newer architectures. But it still stands the FX4xxx and APU series are essentially dual cores with a hardware implementation of hyperthreading. They are dual module units, in which each module shares L2 cache, an FPU, and have two cores with integer units and their own instruction set. Comparing it to an i7 w/ hyperthreading disabled is not really and apples to apples comparison...

Yes you can in IBT, with the i7 & disabled HT, we have 4 cores V 4 cores in the APU...
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not talking about the core/threads/modules what I'm saying is the Instructions Per Cycle on the older Intel is likely still better then on the Apu. Additionally IBT uses the Ram as well. Depending on whats running in the background IBT Windows could only be giving it X amount of Physical ram and X amount of virtual ram. If windows is giving it virtual ram the test could be slowed because it's waiting on Windows to read and write data to the HD/SSD.

Just a note - I've seen with my 7870K and Crossblade CPU-Z doesn't read voltage accurately at times or it seems that way.
I can set voltage to a given value and CPU-Z normally shows 1.475v's regardless of what I set it for in the BIOS. I don't know if this is something related to my particular board, the model lineup itself or what but do observe what's shown vs what's set in the BIOS to be sure.
As for what my 7870K does, I normally just set it for 1.32v's at stock speeds and it does fine.

It is quite possible they are not optimised for newer architectures. But it still stands the FX4xxx and APU series are essentially dual cores with a hardware implementation of hyperthreading. They are dual module units, in which each module shares L2 cache, an FPU, and have two cores with integer units and their own instruction set. Comparing it to an i7 w/ hyperthreading disabled is not really and apples to apples comparison...

I'd say it's a certainty that they are not optimised for this program, although in saying that, the cache differences could go some way to explaining this wide gap. What shocks me the most, is the vast & I mean VAST difference in GFLOPs performance at a given clock speed. Even taking into consideration the dual core modules with 1 FPU per module, it still doesn't explain the HUGE gap in performance based on the code inherent in IBT v2.54 with AVX extensions... especially when comparing piledriver with steamroller architectures.. the 1st gen i7 (Lynnfield 860) tests were conducted on v2.53 of IBT that does not have AVX extensions obviously because this particular cpu doesn't have it programmed into the architecture.

I don't have access to the screenshot my 7850K running at 4.2GHz in this particular program atm, but I'll post it later, in the meantime you'll just have to take my word for it as it only does between 15 - 16 GFLPs on each run... , however I'll show you a screenshot of my FX-6300 @ the same clock speeds

IBT-AVX @ 21x200_1-4_10runs.jpg

Here we go with 7850K @ 4.2GHz

IBT@4.20Ghz_10runs_lowVcore.jpg

Last edited:
Try running your 6300 with one module disabled. That should be close, but slightly less performance as your A10. The A10s are FX4xxx with an onboard GPU stuffed in. I'd wager that it is an FPU and cache issue. They are essentially the same core, just plus or minus an iGPU and a module.

Another example of the improvements in IPC would be to check out the screenshot from cinebench I post. Look at the values for the A10 and the FX4130 I posted. Big difference of performance vs clockspeed.

Try running your 6300 with one module disabled. That should be close, but slightly less performance as your A10. The A10s are FX4xxx with an onboard GPU stuffed in. I'd wager that it is an FPU and cache issue. They are essentially the same core, just plus or minus an iGPU and a module.

Another example of the improvements in IPC would be to check out the screenshot from cinebench I post. Look at the values for the A10 and the FX4130 I posted. Big difference of performance vs clockspeed.

I posted that other screenshot. Atm, I'm only running 32bit OS on this system, so cinebench R15 won't run. But in any case, thanks for the info, however I don't believe we can compare A10-7850K with FX-4xxx series as its just piledriver V steamroller for starters... but strictly physically speaking, yeah, the dual core modules with 1 FPU structure hasn't changed. :)

I posted that other screenshot. Atm, I'm only running 32bit OS on this system, so cinebench R15 won't run. But in any case, thanks for the info, however I don't believe we can compare A10-7850K with FX-4xxx series as its just piledriver V steamroller for starters... but strictly physically speaking, yeah, the dual core modules with 1 FPU structure hasn't changed. :)

The structure is the same for both cpu's. The only difference are the IPC improvements and the materials used to produce the chips IIRC. From the FX4130, to the A10-7870k I have tested roughly a 200mhz difference in clock speed vs similar score in cinebench. Not a bad bit of improvement overall, but comparing it to a CPU with an extra module is setting it up for failure.

Back