• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Screen + error messages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samoyed5665

Registered
I keep getting blue screens with error messages and then comp reboots. As best I can recall, the messages say something like this: "memory dump. error. WIndows is shutting to save data" it also says other stuff. I will get a screen shot.

It's an Intel i74790k quad core 4.0ghz running on a Gigabyte Z97M DS3H socket LGA 1150 board. A new Sandisk 240 gb SSD with Crucial memory 4 gb. I assembled the parts as I have done many times before. I let the board post. It did fine. I hooked up the new SSD and put in Win 7 Premium. It loaded in fine.

Interesting Bios! I checked it out and left everything stock. Also tried underclocking the CPU, loading "optimized defaults" etc....still the same blue screen every 20-30 minutes. Changed out the monitor.

In the bios this CPU says it's running at 70c+.

Plan: I can change out the memory. I could try another HD and New Win 7 install. Is it the MB? CPU heat issue? WHAT?!?!?!?!
What else can I do and what could be the problem????:confused:

Back