• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Project Log] The Man-Cave!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah just saw this thread and had to join it.
Excellent job man!

I know I had a man cave project in my Condo. Had to give up my Office(3rd bedroom) for my son that was on the way. Had to make a mini man cave in the unfinished basement. Took 6 months but finished roughly 500 sqft off of usable space with around 200 sqft of storage. With heavy duty racking like you made for storage, just a little smaller. My ceiling was short at just over 6' between the ducting and floor. Just moved this past June into more space per say. The living space is still the same but its a ranch so got a huge 2000 sqft basement area, with already 1000 of it finished. Glad I didn't have to do another re-build of the man cave area but I do miss my touches that I would of done if I had a clean open space.

Oh I noticed you haven't put a ceiling up yet.

I'll say this on behalf of electricians and plumbers. Put a drop ceiling in! Do not finish it off.

Now me saying as long as you know where the junction boxes are, where the pipes are, and have proper access holes, a drywall touch / solid ceiling looks much better, especially with recessed lighting.

LOL, Ya the plan is to drywall only the center strip where the heat duct is and do some sort of drop ceiling for the two halves of the Man-Cave. So it will be a hybrid. I think this will help split up the open areas a bit plus add a little more dimension and style.

LOL, Ya the plan is to drywall only the center strip where the heat duct is and do some sort of drop ceiling for the two halves of the Man-Cave. So it will be a hybrid. I think this will help split up the open areas a bit plus add a little more dimension and style.

As I am only in the planning phase, I was thinking of only putting a drop celling where I have plumbing and maybe for some of the electric. The rest I think that I want as drywall.

Back