• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Project Log] The Man-Cave!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who the heck has a 90 watt PSU laying around????

90 WATTS? :p
This is really coming along Blay well done!! Nice laminate

Looking good John, I have to say with the floor installed and the pole running up. All you need is some multicolored lighting a disco ball and you have a strip club.

Who the heck has a 90 watt PSU laying around????

90 WATTS? :p
This is really coming along Blay well done!! Nice laminate
Yeah. That's an old unit for sure. It has an AT style power switch but an ATX style MB plug. LiteOn was a big name back then but I don't think that they manufactured the power supplies themselves. I used to buy their CD-ROM burners whenever I could.

You know your stuff Don. It was pulled from an old HP rig that was right at the transition from AT to ATX. Still had the old AT style KB plug

Looking good John, I have to say with the floor installed and the pole running up. All you need is some multicolored lighting a disco ball and you have a strip club.

I can send you my schematics for a ceiling retractable stripper pole. :D

Update!!!!!

Apologies for the delayed updates. With Michigan having it's best weather of the year I've been trying to stay out of the cave as much as the wife will let me. Needless to say progress is going slow. Here's where the Cave currently sits.

I cut down a piece of 3/4" black Melomine for the Cabinet top. A yellow art pencil works perfect for marking your cuts.
View attachment 179744

View attachment 179745

View attachment 179746

Since the cabinet will hold at least one PC ventilation will be critical. Getting the cabinet top to fit properly took days. Maybe you've heard the saying "No wall is square". Well, mine are no exception. After some serious adjusting...
View attachment 179748

View attachment 179749

View attachment 179750

View attachment 179751

View attachment 179752

The plan for the edge of the Melomine is to use a piece of trim molding. But I'm still a ways from that. Here's my plan for the Modders Mesh. You might remember I ordered the doors without the glass. Some of you guessed it right off.
View attachment 179747

Carpet arrived a week and a half ago but there's another delay. My carpet guy didn't order enough so I'm waiting for the remainder to come in. Here's a few pre-carpet pics.
View attachment 179753

View attachment 179754

View attachment 179755

View attachment 179756

And here's after the first section of carpet was installed and the assembly of the office.
View attachment 179757

I need to take some pics of the office in it's completed stage. Just haven't had the chance. Watch for further updates, hopefully not to far off.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not saying that its getting hot in Michigan but two hobbits just threw a ring in my front yard.

Right now the weather is nice but before too long, it will get hot and it will be perfect for working in the basement. Looking good.

Looking real good Blay!
So this is where you will be spending 99% of your time once it finished eh? :p

Silver_Pharaoh said:
So this is where you will be spending 99% of your time
har, when his wife lets him or doesn't want anything to do with him...

Seriously though, this place is huge! I challenge you to a Foosball battle!!!

One important thing I haven't seen you mention yet...
Where are you going to put the Urinal?
You have to have one of those down there!!!

Nice work, keep it up bud!

Adelante

Back