• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a good overclocking board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsteve0924

Cubed Beef Stew Member
from what i read a good overclocking board seems very dependent on the phase power the board has. the more the better? i don't see that specification listed a lot of the times on mfr websites.

am i right to look for this spec? what other specs should i be looking for?

That is the main one yes, specifically for AMD CPUs (from your other thread). The go to boards here are the CHVz, Sabertooth, and one other (not an AMD guy, sorry!).

For intel, it doesn't matter as much.

earthdog - what do you mean for intel it doesnt matter as much? what doesnt matter, the phase power?

and how did you find out my board had only 4 phase power? i cant find that spec listed on gigabytes site. i know it is obviously because i am looking at the board of course.

Correct. Power phases do not matter as much on the Intel side. You won't find a four phase board burning people's fingers on Intel in most (all?) cases.

I looked at the board and counted them.

Back