• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EXPIRED] 250GB Samsung 850 EVO for $80 at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what are the odds that this deal gets better around black friday and cyber monday? anyone remeber what last years specials were?

Similar product would have been the 840 EVO then.

$110 at Thanksgiving

Doesn't look like it went on sale in the BF add, but it probably wasn't any cheaper than that Crucial M500 @ $90.

500GB went to $190 that weekend

I think $78 for a 250GB 850 EVO should be pretty low, even through black friday. I vaguely remember seeing some really good deals in the month or two before BF last year. They'll raise prices on everything in the weeks before Thanksgiving, so they can put everything "on sale" ;)

making my decision harder! new router or new ssd ?!?! Thanks for posting about this and double thanks for passing on the promo code

The code only gave me $10 off. :confused:
Still better than anywhere else, free shipping & no sales tax.

Just checked and it does look like they changed it to $10 off :( Still pretty decent for the "goto" SSD.

If anyone cares they have a promo for the 120g as well. AFSAMSSD928A -5.00 off.

I'm waiting on the 1TB drives to get down to reasonable prices. tick tock.....

Hmm my order was apparently cancelled at the $78 price. Come on Newegg, I hate talking to CS...

Yea, i see the same. Looks like a different code from the one displayed on the product page. When I try to enter EMCAXPA27 at checkout, it says it's invalid. I'm chatting with CS now. I'll update y'all.

EDIT: No idea why the order was cancelled. Rep said it was a paypal issue, but I used the same card...this morning...through paypal??

Anywho, the promo code from the email expired yesterday at noon. They had me re-order, give them the new order number, and they gave me the same $12 off. Annoying, but whatever. Background task at work anyway ;)

EDIT2: Also, in case anyone else was wondering, the M.2 (and mSata) 850 EVO is just a downsized version of the 2.5" SSD. No performance difference. :thup:

Last edited:
Back