• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BattleTech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow... what a push. They raised over $250 000 in the last two days to go over the top.

Could be lots of fun.

Greetings!

BattleTech spin-off game delayed to 2018 as developer requires more time

Recently, Harebrained Schemes announced a Kickstarter campaign to create a spin-off of the classic turn-based BattleTech game that first launched in 1984. Since then, it raised nearly $2.8 million, smashing its original goal of $250,000. The game was originally scheduled for release later this year after being delayed from the original launch date of May 2017 per its Kickstarter page; however, today in a press release, the publisher announced that this will move ahead to 2018.

https://www.neowin.net/news/battletech-spin-off-game-delayed-to-2018-as-developer-requires-more-time

It is actually nice to see a developer finishing a game and not rushing it out to meet a date.

You may continue.... :D

Greetings!

I am enjoying the game, but am a little behind in the progress, had to spend 140 days in the medbay (a HBK-4G headshotted me) and didnt want to advance the story without being in conditions.

Monitor the GPU usage as there is a wide spread bug that puts it at 100% all the time, there is already a beta patch for it. Went to 98% to 68% average, according to GPU-Z sensor.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/battletech-1-0-1-release-notes-beta.1092920/
There is also another bug that puts enemy re-inforcements in the initial wave. A bit of calm and called shots solves them.

Go to graphic settings, sometimes when you switch from high->low or low->high it disables vSync, so you get high GPU usage. 1st things to upgrade when you get your ship : medbay and mech repair bays ;)

I only played a little while, but the pacing felt very slow. I saw something on reddit about modifying json files to remove delays in combat, I'll look more at that before I try again. Unfortunately, the numerous little .5-1 second pauses during the 'action' were enough to drive me away from wanting to play :)

Yep, that's the post. I'll try it one of these days, plenty of other stuff to play though, so I'm OK with waiting for a patch or two before I try again.

Back