• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:HWBOT x265 Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is hard to say, could it be thermal shutdown sure, it could be. I have seen a few people run their Fx 83xx chips 24/7 well in to the 80's for weeks with out a crash, never mind thermal shutdown. Could it still be the case for you yeah, but in my experience you will Bluescreen or freeze during benching before you have thermal shutdown.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment.

Over the holidays will try to find some good deals on increased cooling as well as a new PSU...
Any recommendations for a PSU in the 550-650w range?

Any recommendations for a PSU in the 550-650w range?
There is a link in my signature to good PSUs... check there. Otherwise, there are nice 550W XFX units around and I like the EVGA 500B.

See here this will explain partly what I'm up to. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/722359-Marathon-Benching-Competition-Rules
Just doing a test ATM

First page of this thread E_D, I have put the per core/thread score beside the original for illustration.

Interesting.
Now to see how it fairs in practice.
Will post new run later, as I assume the trial rules are not retrograde?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a link in my signature to good PSUs... check there. Otherwise, there are nice 550W XFX units around and I like the EVGA 500B.

Saw your link ED, just wanted to get more than one persons opinion :p
*back to textbook section exams.....gag me*

Ahhh... yeah, he gotcha on that (check his link out).

Saw your link ED, just wanted to get more than one persons opinion :p
That is the opinion of qualified reviewers. It is like Chuck Norris, you don't need another opinion. :rofl:

Now get to studying and less OT stuff here! :p

at johan45 score's totals or placement

I would like to keep this discussion in the rules section LRG5. If you read through that you'll understand what I'm doing.

1st time in this thread and it already has 6 pages :)
Btw. I was trying to run it on my 6600K but benchmark can't find my hardware. I get an error that program was searching for hardware for 45 seconds but couldn't find it :p

That's weird cause E_D got it to run on his 6700k

Updated java to latest version and it started to work. I think it's something about my motherboard as some other programs have problems to see voltages, all clocks like bclk etc. AIDA64 started to see all clocks and voltages ( except memory ) when I reinstalled OS and all drivers.

Woomack / i5 6600K / Custom H2O / 18.05

/ 4.5125 per thread

1.jpg

So new bios is better but not perfect?

Edited my last post with result :)

BIOS fixed most issues. I still can't set high voltages on Hynix RAM but I can live without it. Really good board I can say, just have to spend some more time to check all options and higher CPU clocks. So far I was mainly testing memory.

I would ask that all parties who participate in the monthly marathon to have a look here. In the interest of keeping things a bit leveler across platforms we've been discussing a percore style scoring or limiting the # of cores to 4. I would be very interested in hearing from as many as possible about the style and timeline for implementation.

Handicap still makes me think of golf....
With limiting to 4, I would just go into BIOS and disable cores 5/6 for the purposes of benching right? or in the case of Octo's 5/6 7/8.

Do the majority of boards/BIOS versions have the option to manually enable/disable cores?

A little bump up from my previous score...

PolRoger / i7-4790K / Water / 24.44... 3.055/thread

HWBOT x265 24.44 fps.PNG

Moved your post to this thread...:snipe:

Depends on the board. Not sure in AMD world, but most midrange enthusiast class motherboards in the Intel world do.

Back