• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:HWBOT x265 Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Roger few things I see, you're running you ram at 1600 Mhz with 11-11-11 timings try the 1866 jedec profile. Your Ht Link speed should be 2600 Mhz default and you can also try raising you Nb Freq to see if it nets any gains.

you know i didnt even notied that my HT link was like that , that how it is right out of the box

Hate to say this Metal nice run but there's no CPUz tabs open?? Same at the bot

HA, that's why I said a seperate drive for this stuff.

lol.

Actually, this seems to be a known 8.1 issue.
but the fix is more command line than I wanna deal with.......so blah, and its only an additional 400mb partition on top of the initial 300mb, and the 99mb EFI partition.

Oh thats right........Install disk was 8 pro, upgraded to 8.1, therefore it left the initial recovery partition.......but am not sure why I have to go thru diskpart to get rid of the old one.....that's a recipe for disaster.

did anyone have a problem runnig this bech and when it runnig then it stops

hmm ok now i got to find out what one it was , so that mean i got to add more volts

Mine would stop, no error......but was obvious CPU had given up as HWmonitor showed temps going down fast.
I am at 1.5v on my FX-6100, not sure what max is, but also was getting too near the heat limit, as system would auto shutdown, as if power had gone out.

>.<

System auto shutdowns? Is the rig just shutting off like you pulled the plug? If so I don't think you problem is heat it's likely this "CM Elite V2 500W".

Yeah, but the shutdowns happen during benching only when the package temps encroach on 80c (cpu temp maxes around 77c)

Could be the PSU though, 3 year old coolermaster.....
Mr. Scott told me it was actually more like a 350watt unit.
I'll likely be upgrading it....with the usual caveat.....when funds allow...(Lets go donate plasma...actually lets not my arms hurt.)
But hey, on HWbots FX-6100 page under hardware, i have 4 scores listed as records for the chip(Hwbot x265 1080, black hole, gpupi 100m/1b) so I'm happy with what I've got out of it lol.
81 days till X-mas.......I know whats going on my list lol.

Heh, if I was able to submit my HWbot Prime score, it would give me 19(+,- 1) more points in rookie rumble amd #20, brining me up to 68/69pts, so from 11th to 8/9th place.
>.> Seriously wish I installed 7 Ultimate at the beginning of the semester.

And if I don't get this system shutdown thing under control, I think I've already posted my best score for this months marathon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but the shutdowns happen during benching only when the package temps encroach on 80c (cpu temp maxes around 77c)

It is hard to say, could it be thermal shutdown sure, it could be. I have seen a few people run their Fx 83xx chips 24/7 well in to the 80's for weeks with out a crash, never mind thermal shutdown. Could it still be the case for you yeah, but in my experience you will Bluescreen or freeze during benching before you have thermal shutdown.

Back