• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC keeps restarting without warning.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, apparently when I installed the new PSU CPU speeds went back to stock, it hasn't crashed until just now when I tried to raise the speeds back to 4.2. Temps never go above 70c with prime95 small fft's. So now what should I do?

do you have pll overvoltage enabled? even a bad 2600k should do 4.5 at 1.3v

do you have pll overvoltage enabled? even a bad 2600k should do 4.5 at 1.3v

That's true, just worth noting that unless something has changed since then, didn't PLL overvoltage screw up booting from sleep mode (at least it did when I had my 2500k/2600k)

That's true, just worth noting that unless something has changed since then, didn't PLL overvoltage screw up booting from sleep mode (at least it did when I had my 2500k/2600k)

doesnt on mine i run mine with it still and sleep works fine.

PLL Overvoltage is worth a try for sure. That said, and I have only had a few of those SB chips but never had one that required PLL Overvoltage at 4.5Ghz. It wasn't until 5Ghz or so that was needed.

PLL Overvoltage is worth a try for sure. That said, and I have only had a few of those SB chips but never had one that required PLL Overvoltage at 4.5Ghz. It wasn't until 5Ghz or so that was needed.

ah mine needed it to get over 4.4 some people needed it as low as 4.2 iirc. wmmv kinda thing

Back