• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 10 Disk Disconnected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danny1976

Registered
I set up a Raid 10 for the first time with 4 500gb disks. I am new and still learning about RAIDS. It has been about a month, when I notice a critical warning during a Windows 10 update boot up. I checked the RAID and notice that one of the disk is disconnected or failed. I checked the the disk health is at 100% and no bad sectors.

I am currently running the RAID 10 on 3 disk and the 4th disk is labels as single disk on the RAID configuration. How can I add that disk back unto the RAID? The disk shows as unallocated and separate from the RAID. I am afraid that I may make a mistake adding the drive and delete all my data. I just want some guidance on how to fix this.

My system set up is
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / FX6300 / Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866 2X4GB / Hyper 212 EVO

Here are some pictures:

xpso6x.jpg
epi4pw.jpg
23uzfvo.jpg
2i24t3d.jpg
2min7k.png.jpg
2nu4mcx.png.jpg
xmved5.jpg

I got it fixed. There is a software called RAIDXpert from AMD. This software allowed me to manage my raid though the browser and I was able to press "Rebuild" on the Single Drive. Everything is working now. The rebuild option was not available on the BIOS.

Back