• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Filters for Side of Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattMan657

Hey all,

Looking for a fan filter that I could use to cover the side of my HAF932. I replaced the stock 200mm fan with four 120mm fans and want to put a filter on the outside of the case to stop dust from getting in. I don't want a foam solution as I think that would be too restrictive. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

Rock on. Thanks. Gonna be funny buying some lol.

What I think I'll do is take a wire hanger, bend it into a square, and wrap the panty house around it to build a legit filter.

Those DEMCIs look snazzy. I think I'm gonna go with the pantyhose only because I think I'm gonna upgrade cases early next year. Don't want to spend the cash if I'd only be using them for 2-3 months.

you can get magnetic strips (for the lack of a better term actually comes in a small roll) and with a frame that the pantyhose can stretch over then use the magnetic strips to hold the frame to the side of your case, easy off n on.

you can get magnetic strips (for the lack of a better term actually comes in a small roll) and with a frame that the pantyhose can stretch over then use the magnetic strips to hold the frame to the side of your case, easy off n on.

That's exactly my plan for my bottom intake when I watercool my rig next year.

works great........I use a sheet of 18-20ga steel, cut to size of opening plus1/2". Then I come in from the edge 1/2'" inch and cut or remove the center leaving only that 1/2" ring. Stretch the panty hose over and use rubber u channel to hold it tight over the steel frame add magnets and done. Soo easy to remove and clean and replace.

You could also use dryer sheets or those dry Swiffer sheets. You can use the "hook" side of some Velcro tape to fasten them.

Polyester material - fan filters for side of case

Hey all,
Looking for a fan filter that I could use to cover the side of my HAF932. I replaced the stock 200mm fan with four 120mm fans and want to put a filter on the outside of the case to stop dust from getting in. I don't want a foam solution as I think that would be too restrictive. Any thoughts?
Hi MattMan657
If you don't want use the foam, you can use a fibred unwoven material (Polyester).
Polyester material is a good the fan filter for case.

Last edited:
I stretch the pantyhose over the inlet side of the fan and sandwich it between the fan and panel. Filtered air and practically invisible. :)

Back