• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 broken boards Any Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr. Scott, is a machine that flashes chips expensive? IIRC I worked at a place years ago where they programmed chips for evacuation systems.
Not at all. I bought one recently off e-bay for like $20 just so I didn't have to hotflash anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NANO-USB-Pr...344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2b8ce400

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.....google it wrong......get ads for menopause meds

lol You're pathetic. :D
Here.
http://wwv.bioschip.net:1011/help/hot-flashing/

I'm just going to order a chip in and see if it works. Swapped over to the Intel, going to prep for some cold on the weekend, see if i can finally get a decent OC on the 290x. Last time was a flop for me.

Are you using the same CPU? Is it possible the memory controller on the chip itself was damaged?

Two different CPUs that do the same thing depending on the board. One board only has one channel and the other is stuck at x7 multi. It's definitely the boards bob

Just an update on the CHV-z. Got the new BIOS chip installed it and I wish it was good news but still the same Multi seems to be stuck at 7x.

Weirdest thing. It works now. It seems that the slow mode switch was moved somehow. I shut it off and the board seems to be working fine now. :facepalm::rofl: Sometimes I swear the easy things elude me??

Yeah it's a switch for extreme Overclocking. When you're running at very high speeds, you can flip the switch and it'll drop the multi to give you time to get windows open for screen shots etc... It's #5 in this pic. I just have no idea how it got moved??

slow.JPG

So wait, it was the slow mode switch enabled all along? You're getting like me buddy!!!!

Yeah, I know. WTF???
This youngtimers is getting worse everyday. At least I have a backup BIOS chip if I need it. Ha ha.
Still for the life of me I don't know how it got moved. I've never used it before ?? I guess i'll just have to blame the kid. Ha ha

Back