• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange internet problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

I loaded my old computer a week ago. I loaded windows Vista 64 bit and all the drivers needed. It has been online getting all latest update from MS.
The thing that's strange I can't got to any other site. The network symbol in the lower right corner of the task bar looks like it has bubbles on one side of it.
I have seen them before but can't remember what they mean or how to fix it.I have tried a different ports on my router and in the back of my computer.
I'm thinking if the computer will go to MS's site get all update why won't it go online to other sites?:confused: It wouldn't even go to nvidea's site to
get the drivers,I had to use a jump drive:bang head
I had this rig running eight months ago primary rig before I built the one in my sig,never had any problems at all. I put this rig together with a brand new WD 500g black HDD,a few other drives to load all my stuff I want to save

Could someone please help?

Uninstall firewall/antivirus software?
Connect PC directly to modem and not use the router?
Those two I would start with...

Back