• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

full coverage ek block reverse flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

I understand most of the components have in/outlet designations, esp with cpu blocks . Do full coverage gpu blocks work the same way? I see the the new gtx 980 ek block mentions this being a new feature. If i ever get a water block in my new acrylic hardline loop its going to be a serious PITA with my case! Any know if they have blocks that match up with the CPU block as far as hardline tubes are concerned. Or at least any graphics chipsets that would line up better. The GPU always seems to be a inch left of the processor holes. I'd hate to put a diagonal in the middle when I think my loop looks sex right now with just a cpu.

update.. google images looks like lotta people are going right to left with tubing anyway

It's tubing, do it as you like on the GPU. I never had a GPU block that said this is input that I can remember.. The reverse flow in a GPU block hasn't been an issue for years. They have flow channels, not impingement (water right on top of the channels for turbulence) like CPU blocks. So it's a feature invented by EK marketing. Someone has to make boat payments in marketing I guess.

:rofl:

But yeah, you should be good on the GPU WBs. Any way is fine other than certain CPU blocks.

some of the sli or multi card connectors do have in/out but as they link the blocks together it shouldnt be to hard to make it proper

It's tubing, do it as you like on the GPU. I never had a GPU block that said this is input that I can remember.. The reverse flow in a GPU block hasn't been an issue for years. They have flow channels, not impingement (water right on top of the channels for turbulence) like CPU blocks. So it's a feature invented by EK marketing. Someone has to make boat payments in marketing I guess.
If I'm not mistaken, EK's 980 block is actually an impingement design. From xtremerigs.net's excellent GTX 980 waterblock roundup:

DSC_9968.jpg

Even with the addition of a jet plate over the micro channels like we can usually find on a CPU block, you can still choose whichever inlet/oulet you want to use. ;)

Back