• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LED Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strufly

Hi, i have been wondering, what is the best led ram? i want them to be red led or possibly rbg, 4x4gb, i have only seen threads about it in 2013 so im guessing there has been made better options.

Tracer's are only DDR3 and I'm not sure if still available as these with LEDs were older series.
DDR4 with LEDs are Geil - most their new series like Dragon or Super Luce -> http://www.geil.com.tw/products/category/id/28. Dragons are nice ( tested by me recently ) but they're only blue right now. Maybe will be released with other colors too.
There are also other brands but best will be to tell what type od memory you want and what capacity/frequency.

Well, im lm looking for DDR3 1600Mhz and a total of 16gb, preferably 4x4 sticks. i took a look at ur dragon sticks, they are not flashy enough for me, it needs to be a whole strip of leds on top of the ram, also if you could adjust brightness and make color themes that would be a plus.

It's standard Crucial/Micron RAM with LEDs so I see no reason why it wouldn't work on X79. At least Ballistix Elite and Tactical were working fine and the only difference between all these kits are LEDs and heatsink design.
On Crucials you can control LEDs with soft which is also showing RAM temperature and some more.
LEDs will work on any motherboard as they're part of memory and memory is controlling them, not motherboard.

Here are some more extreme modules from Avexir. They're pulsing and can't change it ( at least my kit couldn't ).
Here is my thread. I got 7 different modules for review some time ago. I think that now are 1-2 more available.
There are also Core and Raiden kits but Blitz look better and Raiden are available only with blue light.

Search for some Tracers. I have them in my daily surfer right now. They're actually pretty good. These are the 1600 set.
F***in CPUz doesn't read anything in the SPD. :p

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 40
Back