• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UTM/NGFW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OGMCVilleTC

So I had pfsense and was having problems forwarding ports for Xbox live. No problems accessing ftp or connecting to my server overseas. So I installed Sophos. Can't connect to Xbox live and can't connect to my server overseas. I'm sure I can figure out how to forward the ports for the Xbox as it requires toredo(?). I can't figure out how to connect to my seedbox though. I love the interface of Sophos compared to pfsense and would like to use Sophos. I am open to suggestions for more beginner friendly (if that's possible) UTM/NGFW software. I'd also be greatly thankful if someone could help me set up my system. I suck at networking but want to learn. Is anyone able to assist?

Last edited:
In pfsense, enable uPNP and it does absolutely everything automatically. I've played online with a 360 and a XBone using that feature and I've never had to forward ports and it has never complained.

The only console which forced me to fiddle around with the router is the WiiU; they have some incredibly stupid network stuff.

Tried that and it doesn't work. Kept giving me a strict NAT so I was unable to join firearms and no voice chat unless it was a private party. Even tried manual forwarding.

What if you set an any/any rule on your xbox or put it in dmz, does it work then?

The Xbox I'm sure I can figure out. It's the seedbox that is the main issue. I can watch the live log drop the connection. I'm going to have to do some major research on it. Pfsense was a lost cause.

Xbox one is figured out. Next up is the seedbox.

I want to use a second nic to connect to my router that is not my AP. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that? I want both nic's to be able to communicate with each other though.

Edit: Seedbox is figured out now also. Still working on accessing my ap that is on its own nic. Does it matter that it's ip address is different than my internal up address for my hardwired connections?

Last edited:
Back