• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC case for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exteez

My spec:

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX970 MSI
Current case: Zalman z11 plus
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: ASRock z97 Extreme6
Power supply: EVGA supernova 750 G2

Right, so at the moment I have the Zalman z11 plus case. The power switch broken and I can't seem to replace it. Also the case gets very very dusty all the time because there are too many holes for the fans. I would like a new solid good standard PC case that will last me a long time and will be a good quality. I don't want too many fans just the essential ones to cool my PC. I am also posting on here because my graphics card and the cpu coolers are very big. Specially the CPU cooler is sticking out A LOT (I would recommend you check out how big the CPU cooler is before advising me with a case). Also what I seem essential is to have a backplate on my case for good cable managment.

Kind regards, Exteez

I recently went with the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, but if I went with another case, it would have to be the NZXT S340. The S340 is a gorgeous looking case.

I recently went with the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, but if I went with another case, it would have to be the NZXT S340. The S340 is a gorgeous looking case.

Are you sure the NZXT S340 will be able to fit my giant sticking out CPU cooler?

That case according to NZXT has a cpu cooler clearance of 161mm and your Hyper 212 Evo has a height of 159mm, you can find pics of people with your cooler inside that case. However, if you wanted to go with a high end cooler in the future such as the Noctua D15 or other 140mm fan coolers, they will NOT fit, and in the case of the D15, not even due to the cooler itself but because the fans stick out over the cooler too far.

My recommendation if that is what you would want to do in the future, is look at AIO solutions to both save space and get rid of the giant tower sticking out of the middle of your motherboard.

Back