• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclcok my old cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amko

Ok guys can some1 plss explain me with simple words when overclcoking my old intel cpu e5300 2,6ghz what i need to change beside fsb....i change fsb to 240(orgnaly is 200) its something about 3,12 ghz(and its stable no crashes anything)but if i set more i get bluescreen can i overclock more and how much vcore i need to rise default is 1,2875v

Last edited:
The other thing you need to increase is the CPU core voltage. When overclocking the CPU you are asking it to do more work which requires supplying it with more electrical energy. Make sense? But both speeding up the CPU and adding voltage to it will make it run hotter so you have to have adequate cooling. Overheating can also cause blue screen. Have you been monitoring temps?

The other thing you need to increase is the CPU core voltage. When overclocking the CPU you are asking it to do more work which requires supplying it with more electrical energy. Make sense? But both speeding up the CPU and adding voltage to it will make it run hotter so you have to have adequate cooling. Overheating can also cause blue screen. Have you been monitoring temps?

I have stock cooling on it,but i have 3 extra coolers in case...yes i monitor temperature and max is goin 56 celzius when i playing games..on idle is around 40....

Back