• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CrossFireX... Is it worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It doesn't work that way...the AMD iGPU can only CF with a very limited amount of cards. None of which are high end like the R9 390. AMD's website has a compatibility list somewhere.

I never would have guessed it was possible, but I am turning up a few google hits regarding crossfiring APUs with PCIe GPUs. It looks like a terrible idea, however. A10-7870K can crossfire with the likes of an R7 250, but that would give you probably the same performance as the 5770 in your sig (estimating..).

Get the single best card you can afford. End of story.

Now if only they can crossover Zen and Fury... HBM interfacing together like that... We can hope.

Now if only they can crossover Zen and Fury... HBM interfacing together like that... We can hope.

Even if it is possible, you'll always be bound by the lower-performing "card" (the integrated GPU). And iGPUs will always be bound by the axiom: "iGPUs suck".

yea so honestly:
there is no any sense or reason to buy an skylake for me, i mean: peformance for these CPU's are great but paying for an GPU wich im not gona use is not on my style.....
same about AMD

Exactly
Thaths why having an any kind of CPU with IGPU has no sense at all if You are going to buy solid PCI-e Graphic card.

If im wrong give me a lesson please.

Its just how they are made... and the majority of PC users don't need a discrete card and can play email/internet/web games on an iGPU. If you don't want one, you have to buy the enthusiast platform (X99) and their CPUs.

Back