• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SO happy with my recent ASUS rma!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hey Folks!

Asus gets beat up a lot for their customer service, etc so I just HAD to share my most recent experience!

Accidentally bent some pins on one of my RIVE BE's and sent it in for repair. I fully expected the email where they want my credit card info (generally, $100 to repair a board).

From the date I sent in the board, didn't hear from them for about a week so I used their on-line chat to check the status. The rep was relatively quick (about 3 minutes from the first message) and informed me that the board was in the final repair/test stages and would be shipped out in a couple days. COOL I thought....no charge!!

A rather large, heavy package got delivered today (as opposed to the slim, minimal boxes Asus normally uses) so had to open it up.

Guess what?

They sent me a BNIB board (incl. oc panel, all other accessories, manual, etc)!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! Thank you ASUS!!

Just had to post cuz I'm so darn excited! hehehe

PS- My last experience was kinda meh but it was my fault (even worse on this one hehe). Sent in a dead RIVE (non-BE) for repair and they refused as it'd been covered in conformal. I can't blame them...knew it was a wAAAy longshot. They did promptly return it.

Good to hear and congrats.....I hope I have the same experience with my Sabertooth,I just started the RMA process for that...I can say I personally have never had a bad experience with their support, but I hear alot have, sorta made me feel lucky I guess.

Congrats on the new board funsoul!

I just recently did an RMA for a RVE and it only took about ten days from start to finish. The board I received back isn't BNIB but appears to be new.

I've had to RMA several RIVE's and never had a bad experience.

Thanks everyone. Yeah...forgot to mention it was 10 days roundtrip. That's been my experience up 'til now basically just this is my first time getting a bnid in the mail.

Definitely a very happy, longish term asus customer :)

I think a lot of people have much better experiences with their higher end/ROG boards rather than the low end parts. Definitely good to hear about the positive experience though!

Definitely good to hear some positive news from ASUS customer service. Thanks funsoul.

Yeah...they've always been good to me. Haven't had to rma anything non-rog/rex/etc.

S_I_N- Ewww...you should always try the rma route first. If they can't (or won't) do the repair they send it back anyway so nothing ever lost by trying (except one-way shipping cost).

While I believe that there are horror stories with ASUS, I always said its an extreme minority.... particularly when you ship ROG parts. Most of the horror stories are not ROG parts.

EDIT: What Janus said, LOL!

I think a lot of people have much better experiences with their higher end/ROG boards rather than the low end parts. Definitely good to hear about the positive experience though!

While I believe that there are horror stories with ASUS, I always said its an extreme minority.... particularly when you ship ROG parts. Most of the horror stories are not ROG parts.

EDIT: What Janus said, LOL!

BINGO. It's definitely rare to see a bad experience on the ROG side. Their "normal" equipment is what gets the bad name.

Glad your RMA went well though funsoul!

Back