• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX with Intel Burn Test 2.54 when testing >4 GB of RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you mean by mismatches? Do you mean just failing the stress test?

What do you mean by mismatches? Do you mean just failing the stress test?

Yes, it means failing with mismatches and the mismatches may be random, you may get to 4 passes then it may fail after the first pass.

I put up a screen of 12gb passing 5 runs but the thread got deleted, in my case needed a notch more voltage then 4gb to stay stable and did more heat accordingly.

I put up a screen of 12gb passing 5 runs but the thread got deleted

That may have been a database problem...

Because vBulletin thinks that you didn't select a thread to navigate when trying to go to the other thread, with a "No Thread specified" error message.

LOL! Your guesses sometimes RJA...:p

That was a mistake that I made. I tried to split off many many posts into a new thread, and was successful. Johan started another thread, and I tried to delete that, and ended up trashing it AND the posts that I moved into a new thread for you guys.

My apologies.

@ Kenrou, if you uploaded it here, it may still be in the uploads. ;)

Regular IBT, needed the smallest bump to voltage but test kicked temps up by about 3c from Prime95. Not finding the image, probably deleted browser cache yesterday, will make another test tomorrow while i sort out wife's new cathodes and will post as soon as its done.

If you go to the advanced reply pane look under attachments all your pics are stored there.

Is anyone able to use "Maximum" mode and beyond 4 GB of RAM without mismatches?

I have never used the "Maximum" stress level of the program. I find that "Very High" is about the equivalent of Prime95 blend when it's on auto.

Well, I tried Maximum mode for one round on my Intel system with 16gb of DDR3 2133 RAM. I only ran it for one iteration however because temps got up to 85c. I noticed that it tested 12 gb of the available RAM. That's the thing about IBT, it seems to use a lot more RAM than Prime95 and if you don't have enough RAM for the stress level chosen it will not even let you run the test. There seems to be no way to adjust that, no custom mode.

Last edited:
Did you ever get the AVX version to work on your 4790k Trents? I tried it last night and it just errored everytime I tried to run it on any setting.

Clipboard01.jpg

I usually run 1.392v and Prime95-IBT says stable on 4gb but had to bump voltage to give me this. Couldn't get a result higher even on 1.440v but had another problem, just found out on my cleaning that the PCI-E safety catch broke on my Strix sometime in the past week, had to put her on the bottom slot and downgrading drivers from 355.98 to 355.82 yesterday solved a lot of stability issues.

Re-testing and benchmarking later on maybe leave IBT overnight with 12gb just for the screenie.

Last edited:
Did you ever get the AVX version to work on your 4790k Trents? I tried it last night and it just errored everytime I tried to run it on any setting.

No. But I did get LinX to run which works on the same principle as IBT AVX and has AVX instructions. No problem running it but it's a heater!

Back