• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Man's Sky, is anyone else excited?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JCE3000GT

I am SOOO excited about this game. I know my system specs will likely run it (before my CPU upgrade!) but what are your guesses on min/rec. system specs?

The idea of ultimate freedom in space is just brilliant. What do you all think?!

My only concern is how the game will be controlled with a controller while flying the ship. I tried Elite Dangerous and was thoroughly disappointed. It was WAY too complicated. I just want to get in and play and not spend 30 minutes setting up my controls and etc. I know this is being optimized for PC AND PS4 so I'm hoping PC users will have controller optimization and not be complicated. I love my XBOX One controller so I'm praying No Man's Sky for PC is optimized for a controller...

I'm interested to see how it turns out. The game has had a ton of hype for multiple years now that I can't possibly imagine it managing to live up to.

Going by what I've seen in random videos the combat doesn't really seem all that interesting, the art style is cool though.

Ultimately for me it is another wait and see game.

Last edited:
I guess I'm lucky because I just heard about this game in August of this year. So no hype letdown for me to be worried about. :) I think the combat looks interesting enough but like you said let's wait and see. Still, for me the rest of the game is what appeals to me. Not so much the combat, that's why I have zither Borderlands series. :D

I'm interested in it but been on that train a while so as Janus said, its a wait and see for me as well.

So we have about 6 months before No Man's Sky comes out. Is any excitement brewing yet? I'd love to know what sorts of minimum and recommended system specs will come out for PC and if my PC will run it as-is. I'm also curious to see if it will have controller support on PC as well.

I thought general specs were released. I would be very surprised if controllers were not supported.

Virtually no hype from me though, too long coming and I haven't seen anything that looks like it would hold my attention.

I thought general specs were released. I would be very surprised if controllers were not supported.

Virtually no hype from me though, too long coming and I haven't seen anything that looks like it would hold my attention.

I thought those specs I found on Google were just conjecture.

I stand corrected, I cant find anything official.

I would shoot for at least ps4 hardware (shouldn't be too hard) to have a very playable framerate.

I stand corrected, I cant find anything official.

I would shoot for at least ps4 hardware (shouldn't be too hard) to have a very playable framerate.

No worries mate! I would assume at least my current rig should play it just fine @ 1920x1080. I still need to upgrade my CPU for Fallout 4. :D

So with No Man's Sky not having any multiplayer I've decided to abandon wanting to buy it when (if) it comes out. I'll wait for Star Citizen...which I pledged to play the Alpha of. Without some sort of ability to meet up with friends and or other people No Man's Sky will be exceedingly boring I think...

So with No Man's Sky not having any multiplayer I've decided to abandon wanting to buy it when (if) it comes out. I'll wait for Star Citizen...which I pledged to play the Alpha of. Without some sort of ability to meet up with friends and or other people No Man's Sky will be exceedingly boring I think...
Firefall has what you want. Open world scifi that is actually MMO.

I was full on hype train for this game to come out (I was super dissapointed to see its release get pushed back), but if there is not going to be any multiplayer I think I'm abandoning ship. Is that confirmed no multiplayer? That was the appeal of the game for me. To go explore a huge universe with some buddys.

I was full on hype train for this game to come out (I was super dissapointed to see its release get pushed back), but if there is not going to be any multiplayer I think I'm abandoning ship. Is that confirmed no multiplayer? That was the appeal of the game for me. To go explore a huge universe with some buddys.

Everything that I've read about the developers statements and interviews says there is no multiplayer. BIG mistake on their part. The only thing that happens is you can see the names of stuff other people name like planets and wildlife. What a disappointment. Star Citizen is what I'm playing now and will likely play once it goes live. The alpha right now is pretty cool though I haven't patched in a couple months. LOL

That is depressing... looks like I'll have to take a look at star citizen

You should. And a bit of advice, if you decide to do it might want to invest in a decent controller or joystick. Some people swear by the mouse and keyboard but I find the controller (my XBOX One) controller perfectly suitable for it.

You should. And a bit of advice, if you decide to do it might want to invest in a decent controller or joystick. Some people swear by the mouse and keyboard but I find the controller (my XBOX One) controller perfectly suitable for it.

I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I can grab it sometime soon and give it a go.

Back