• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One can only dream..........Built-in WB on the CPU die

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Although not exactly the same, hasn't direct die watercooling been tried by some of the extreme water cooling guys here?

Although not exactly the same, hasn't direct die watercooling been tried by some of the extreme water cooling guys here?

Yup. I believe delidding while the water block sits on top has been tried by a few.

Yup. I believe delidding while the water block sits on top has been tried by a few.

I don't mean delidding and sitting the block atop the die, I mean actual water touching the die. I could have sworn there was maybe 2 on this forum who attempted it years ago, only to have temp results similar to a water block sitting directly atop the die so it never caught on.

You'd need to be very careful about the fluid used in a setup like this. If those passages get blocked you're hosed. No amount of hot water and ketchup would save you.

Back