• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dig deep into your memory, CP/M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so I recently found an Osborne-1 "portable" (aka luggable) computer and I was wanting to poke around and kinda.....do old computer stuff with it before I take it up north and see if some one wanted to make a trade with me at PRGE (usually an old computer vendor up there at the con). problem is I don't have any CP/M discs. my memory of CP/M is spotty any way, I think I was 5 when I used it last and then dos and quickly windows 3.0

but any way does any one know if there is a free ware version that is, and I stress....

Z80 4Mhz compatible with 64k of ram and 92k floppy

I guess beefier versions of CP/M can over stress and kill these things, its a fanless design....designed in the late 70's and released in the early 80s
i'm fairly certain if I can find it I can download it and then transfer back in time on a cd-rw to a win 98 machine or 95 machine and get it onto a 5 inch floppy

oh hella sweet I couldn't find any thing like this earlier but I was also using my phone to look it up.
all I could find were CP/M commands

thanks guys i'll get some images downloaded and dig out a win 98 or win 95 machine tommorow with a 5 inch floppy and see what I can get going

edit:
thinking about it, if I had a PCI floppy controller do you think I could get a 5 inch drive working in win 10?

well sadly all my old old old, under 128k floppys were dead, they wouldn't hold any data, showed tracks and sectors but I would format and write and nothing would be there. also the weren't write protected
I was going to Portland retro gaming expo that's why I didn't have much info for you guys. no access to a real computer

I did find some one who was very interested in it up there so I sold it to him, he was an Atari 8 bit computer guy but this boggled his mind so I sold it to him for $50
I have a pic of it I can upload after I unpack my haul

edit:
pic

osbourne o1.jpg

kinda sad I don't have it but even still it went to a better, enthusiasts, home. and more than likely i'll find another.

I seem to have a knack for finding old, rare retro hardware and games super cheap.
if it makes you feel any better I did sell a boxed complete version of Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64 at the same convention for $90 to a different vendor that I found at the same store about 2 years ago and bought for $4

i'm not a reseller but when things run their course...

Last edited:
Conker is the baddest-@$$ squirrel that ever flew on his tail. Or drank excessively.

What's funny is I bought that game 3 times, twice for N64 and once for Xbox, and never paid more than $10. If only I had a copy of that game still.

Back