• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Airflow Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not sure how that is possible if the heatload didn't change, but glad you have better results!

Technically, the heat load did change. Resistive losses in copper and semiconductors increases with temperature.

Looking at just copper losses (wires, chip interconnects, board traces, etc), a 5 C temperature drop will decrease the load by about 2%. At a power draw of 500W, that's about 10W power savings.

Whether or not I can notice that in my computer office...that might have been the wine talking! :)

Now...if adding more fans could just improve my golf game...

OK - here is the final configuration:

IMG_0834-ar.jpg

I updated my tech skills and put in a picture.

Blue arrow = cool outside air
Orange arrow = warmer case air
Red arrow = hot air from AIO radiator

I think this is what you guys where describing...correct?

I hope you researched that PSU before buying..... Would hate for it to blow up and take out that nice system.

I had a buddy of mine review the UL file for this power supply (ATNG's UL file number is E186010...listed on the power supply). He didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

However...all of you guys are making me paranoid...I guess I'll make that my next planned upgrade!

Public service message: check the UL file number on your power supply to see who it's really made by! This link:

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/articles/guides/Power_Supply_Testing_2.html

Gives you a good high level.

I swear there was a quality PSU listing of whats good and whats not.

Yup saw those but the one I remember had the PSU companies to stay away from. They had a listing of premium enthusiasts PSUs, high end, mediocre and stay the hell away from categories but I wish I remember where this was from.

Ah, I remember that too... Don't remember where it was unfortunately.

That said, JG has done some reviews for cheap units and I know Anandtech has done cheap unit roundup reviews.

Back