• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EXPIRED] Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B $20 (after rebate) from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B

Pretty good deal after the rebate. Little clunky to install apparently, fan cannot be replaced, and LED (maybe?) cannot be disabled, but performance and noise are better than the similarly-priced 212 EVO, so still a decent option.

Whoa... ladies and gents... 2006!!!! I havent seen that cooler in YEARS!

Decent cooler if you want to wait for the rebate (and actually get it)! Not sure if it is any better than the EVO though.

Haha actually came out the same year as the EVO, but it is indeed the same sorta design they've had since forever. I think they added heat pipes to this one or something? I read a couple reviews on it and it seems very solid for $20.

And yes, rebates are quite a pain, but I've done a lot of them over the years and I think I've maybe had 1 fall through.

I do see the EVO for $24 shipped (quick search), so the Zalman isn't a hands down, easy choice. Just another option.

The MAX came out in 2010. The original design was around 2004/5/6. I had one on my A64 2800+ around that time. :)

Wait.........cannot replace the fan?
Modders everywhere are saying YES WE CAN!

but other than that......

Not much of a fan of rebates......always some catch, like "answer this algebraic equation for eligibility." or something equally asinine.
I actually remember, back in the 80s, on the back of some form it said "canadian residents must answer the following algebraic equation to qualify." Totally forget what it was for.....some Toys 'R Us shopping spree or something.

*nevermind, here's why.....stoopid canadian laws*
http://mentalfloss.com/article/51391/why-do-canadian-contestants-have-answer-skill-testing-question

Back