• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Scythe Ninja 4 Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Scythe was once omnipresent in the enthusiast marketplace, but have since been in and out of the scene. We saw the Kaze Master Flat II and the Kama Panel 3.1 in 2014. Now we have the Ninja 4. The Ninja heatsinks are beautiful, symmetrical heatsinks, and the Ninja 4 is all that. You would love to have this heatsink decorating your computer from its looks alone, but will it cool? Is it easy to mount? The Scythe Ninja 4 is a six-heatpipe heatsink that splits its twelve shoots into four finstacks. It’s too symmetrical to cool a CPU, right? Well, Scythe didn’t think so. They have revised this design over and over. Have they finally got it right?

Click here to view the article.

Awesome read. :)

How is this things performance in relation to AIO coolers, such as the H80?

Not a direct comparison, but the nh-d15 is better than the h80, and the sycthe is better than the d15, narrows that down a bit :p

I would like to see a comparison to the really high end AIO's though.

Great Review!
Thanks for the solid review on this. It is a very pretty heatsink.

It is gorgeous. You should handle one.

I have found that if your case has a 120mm exhaust fan, it will handle a full tower heatsink like the Ninja 4 or one of the Noctua tandem towers. To handle an extra-tall one like a Silver Arrow a case with a 140mm exhaust fan is needed.

When you say exhaust, I assume you mean on the rear panel or does this hold true for the top as well?

When you say exhaust, I assume you mean on the rear panel or does this hold true for the top as well?

Rear panel, because it would have to include the rear I/O height.
I have seen quite a few cases that the top is a 140mm and the rear is a 120mm.

Rear panel, because it would have to include the rear I/O height.
I have seen quite a few cases that the top is a 140mm and the rear is a 120mm.
Exactly! Not all cases have top exhaust fans, but all of them have rear exhaust fans. I'll add the qualifier 'rear' in future.

Man... I really like this cooler. Ehume, any way to contact the mfg to get an eta on the street date? Torn between this and a Kracken x61 for the new case build I am planning on stuffing my sig rig into (looking to get an NZXT S340 case)

Man... I really like this cooler. Ehume, any way to contact the mfg to get an eta on the street date? Torn between this and a Kracken x61 for the new case build I am planning on stuffing my sig rig into (looking to get an NZXT S340 case)

I've written to the mfr's rep with your question. In the interim, you could use the heatsink that came with the cpu, refrain from overclocking it, and wait for your target heatsink to show up for sale.

Back