• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with GPUPI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
Hey guys been working with GPUPI to try and see how far I can push it. I am about at the end of what I can do so I am looking for some suggestions. I have included a screenshot of my last run which is good enough for a 3rd place slot with an I5 4690K once I post it. I would like to overtake 2nd place and am currently off by 0.225 seconds(24.803 vs. 24.578). I don't think I am going to be able to push my system past 5 ghz without going colder. I have not been able to push my memory to 2600 mhz even at 1.85 volts so have settled on 2400 mhz with timings of 9-12-11-35 1T. I have stripped windows down as much as I can think to do and have killed as many processes as I can along with explorer.exe. I also set priority to High on GPUPI as I cannot get it to set to realtime. Thanks in advance for the help and if you need more information let me know what and I will be happy to provide.

gpupi 24.803.png

U may want to read through this thread Lochekey Try using the AMD App SDK 2.5 on your system it seems to be faster then the Intel Open CL and yes it will work on intel.

Unfortunately i do not have permissions for that thread. I will try the AMD app when i get home today and report back with my results.

Well hopefully soon i will meet the requirements to join the team. I have enough hwbot submissions my post count is just low. I have been trying to not just spam posts in order to get my count up.

On another note i am currently running intel 15.1 open cl. I will have to try the 14.1 as well as the amd variants and see what works best.

AMD SDK like Manny said, it'll be faster IIRC

So checking back in. I downloaded AMD SDK 2.5 vs. Intel opencl 15.1 and my results have gotten worse. So either my system just doesn't like SDK or i did something wrong with the install. I will play with it some more and see what happens.

You might have to start with a fresh install to get good numbers. Only install one or the other. Maybe try an older SDK as well.

Back