• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awsome news BF. Post up some pics and let me know how that case works out. If its a case you'd recommend to others I'll add it to our list.

Awsome news BF. Post up some pics and let me know how that case works out. If its a case you'd recommend to others I'll add it to our list.

I'm hoping to do a mini-review like I did for my motherboard. Speaking of that... I really need to get some bios screenshots and also list my system as when I created the review.

Mini update: mini review will be pending final upgrades.

Right now, I have the guts in the new case. Very clean looking case. Easy to work in too, everything fell right into place basically. Couple notes, a) h80 does not fit up front, even with only one fan, its super tight to get the power cables to the ssds in the main compartments. CPU temps are roughly the same.

Planned upgrades:
-custom lighting
-new CPU cooler
-maybe two more 140mm front fans, depends on the cooler

For the CPU cooler, its either gonna be the Ninja 4 from the front page, or an NZXT Kracken x61 (280 rad AIO closed loop). Nice thing is the Kracken comes with the fans I need, but dumps warm air into the case, Ninja requires more fans, and also some splitters. Kracken is more expensive up front. Not really sure which will give me better thermals, so kinda on the fence and need to do more research.

Attachments

• 1445551321716.jpg
    1445551321716.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 37
Um... why not just set the Kraken to exhaust?
Also, why not an H240-x? It'll clean house over both the options you listed.

Um... why not just set the Kraken to exhaust?
Also, why not an H240-x? It'll clean house over both the options you listed.

Last I looked the H240-x wasn't available on amazon. That and I'm not sure the S340 has clearance for the built on pump. The S340 was made to work with the x61, and even that is tight. The other thing is I will be buying on amazon as I sold back a bunch of text books ><

The kraken has to go up front, which would probably do odd things with the GPU set to blow out the back and rear fan to intake.

On the other hand, the Ninja 4 should perform better than my h80 based on that it beats the noctura DS15, which beats the H80.

Understandable, didn't know it needed to be on Amazon :thup:
The amount of heat dumped into the case, with proper airFLOW, will be a non-issue.

Yes, there's not much that beats the Ninja 4 right now, they did a GREAT job with it.

Understandable, didn't know it needed to be on Amazon :thup:
The amount of heat dumped into the case, with proper airFLOW, will be a non-issue.

Yes, there's not much that beats the Ninja 4 right now, they did a GREAT job with it.

I've been leaning towards two more NZXT FZ-140mm fans, the Ninja 4, and a couple fan splitters. Funny thing was I turned my h80 to quiet mode and damn that thing is noisy.

Back