• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HD 7950 CF (x2) Muddied Blacks To HDTV via HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skorpien

I've been using an HDTV (Playstation 3DTV) with my system for a while and I noticed that my blacks aren't showing up very black when connected to my crossfired HD 7950s. I thought it was a fault with the HDTV when I first got it, but I was troubleshooting an issue last week and had to change my BIOS settings to output via the onboard HDMI port. When I did, I noticed at post that the blacks are much darker and the picture isn't washed out like it is when connected directly to my GPUs. I'm stumped at what could be the cause of this. I have all the latest firmware and drivers for my card. Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:
Just following up with a resolution. I came across a setting in Catalyst Control Center that fixed this issue. Pixel Format (under My Digital Flat-Panels) needs to be changed to RGB 4:4:4 (Full RGB, not Limited RGB). Apparently the video card likes to output at a limited color spectrum over HDMI by default.

Back