• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG [MSI PRO MOD S3] - KRAIT VENOM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Back with another update, this time I want to showcase the MSI GTX960 following with the black and white theme of the build :D

f1JBGRR.jpg

s6OrxnY.jpg

F0zPWdX.jpg

Y08c5w7.jpg

K9KnSnQ.jpg

OM4stZs.jpg

wIymIW9.jpg

dLkJel4.jpg

AIQPEYx.jpg

PZjJvIB.jpg

1BLl879.jpg

Just a few more hardware updates and the modding will begin :p

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Time for another update!

It seems like the MSI dragon has gotten out of his cage and into the build as I'm doing some test fitting with the Thermaltake Pacific RL360 Rad.

The build looks like it will have a custom loop going in after all starting with this awesome and rather large rad compared to this case, already powdercoated in white by Thermaltake.

gARj4ns.jpg

vGlRiPa.jpg

twjZbtO.jpg

7SiIK6Q.jpg

vbISYlv.jpg

HMENSWu.jpg

F5MtNsW.jpg

sIbUMpW.jpg

d0UPd9a.jpg

Once the test fitment is done, out with the dremel rotary, jig saw and scroll saw on this case before doing the paint job :)

4T5vdDs.jpg

sMMYphO.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Back with another quick update!

I want to show you some more goodies. Awesome Thermaltake Riing fans with white LED and Thermaltake Thoughpower 550W PSU which will be more than enough for this build as well as the the G.Skill Ripsaws V DDR4 memory.

TyZGChg.jpg

dWxVaBc.jpg

2tql5Pk.jpg

PEpmmoB.jpg

e79IUJX.jpg

c4RPkxg.jpg

M8JSlTO.jpg

vZGMSNQ.jpg

W4NesUN.jpg

Q68u9pV.jpg

eT5Dvab.jpg

YtVZo5O.jpg

EB3bvcJ.jpg

EAqSsaF.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys,

All the rough cuts have been made on the case and it's pretty much all torn apart. It's now time to start working with some aluminum panels :)

pfN7J5T.jpg

First up I shortened the I/O bracket and also the motherboard tray

mXMPoYE.jpg

hf7yebG.jpg

I completely removed the back as best as I could leaving just the PSU mount

XT72X2n.jpg

Also there is a massive hole in the top as well with some simple mounting left

7376Uub.jpg

Made a cut out to clean up the front as well to better accommodate the front 360mm radiator

BftG36y.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more over the coming days which might answer some questions as to where I'm taking this mod by removing so much of the original case :p

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more over the coming days which might answer some questions as to where I'm taking this mod by removing so much of the original case :p

Cheers,

Alex

Innovation at its finest! I can't wait to see where you're headed with this one, not to mention all the clean tubing runs at the end. :D

wP2jORK.jpg

The motherboard tray is now mounted in it's new location.

What I am doing is mounting the I/O to the top of the case to change things around a bit :p

Here is the tray with the aluminum panel I made

icp1vhg.jpg

ATrXFM2.jpg

AFAOAiB.jpg

jGVfHKN.jpg

The 90 degree aluminum corner bar is mounted there for a shroud to mount to once the motherboard tray is in the case. I will showcase this once done :)

Also here is how I am mounting the motherboard tray panel to the top of the case. Using these brackets and other 90 degree aluminum corner bars and leaving a small compartment in the top for cables to connect with ease.

osuB1On.jpg

Og4DVNY.jpg

WkoXpmV.jpg

8wSW7Zo.jpg

Hope you guys like the progress so far and stay tuned for more :D

Cheers,

Alex

Nice!

Are you leaving the aluminium as is or are ya painting it?
Or maybe I'll have to wait to find out? :D

Back